Thursday, November 15, 2018

Dear NaNoWriMo: Middle of the Journey Edition



Dear NaNoWriMo,

As usual, you have bested me for the moment. I'm currently 13,935 into my 2018 NaNo journey with a lofty 58k-word goal. It's not looking good, but then again, a journey of 50k words always appears a bit messy.

I would love to say that you are not going to get the best of me, but who are we kidding? I've got a mass of side hustles that I've cobbled into a full-time job. I've got other commitments. I can't avoid all distractions. If I could, I would be the owner of as many as 25 completed first drafts by now, and that's just not the case.

Still, there is a tiny bit of hope out there. It's small and you may need a magnifying glass to spot it, but it's there and with every word added to my total towards this goal, that little speck of hope grows, illuminates a path, and let's us all believe in the power of determination once again.

That was pretty inspiring, wasn't it? I thought so too. So now I just have to actually follow through, and we'll all have a reason to celebrate on December 1.

Sincerely yours forever and ever,
Terri

No comments: