Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Goals, Goals, Goals

Although it's deep into January 2021, I think I finally have a grasp on the goals I want to set for the year. Because of last year's chaos, not only do I not really remember the goals I set for myself, I also don't want to look back and find out that I didn't meet them. We're now just going to talk clean slate and give 2021 a chance. 



Professional Goals

I'm going to have a long list of these simply because I have so many projects that I know need finishing, and I'm tired of seeing them left to the side to get something else done. Here are my top five professional goals for the year:

  • Four pieces published (this does not include anything on Medium)
  • Earning at least $1/month on Medium royalties (while maintaining consistent growth afterwards)
  • Entering at least three writing contests
  • Gain ten patrons on Patreon
  • Write, edit, and publish a poetry chapbook for National Poetry Month

These are all in my sight, and I believe very doable this year--even the Patreon goal, which for the past couple of years hasn't been met. I just need to get a better grasp on my target audience and figure out what they would like to see from me and get all that good stuff posted. I also have more goals on this list, but some of them need these accomplished first before I can move on. 

Personal Goals

Personal goals are often the thing that gets left behind when I don't feel I have enough time in the day. However, I've been tired of not making progress, so I'm keeping my top three personal goals simple:

  • Maintain my bullet journal/planner for the entire year
  • Consistently track good habits
  • Budget like a boss

So far, 2021 is looking pretty good for these personal goals. They are small steps, yes, but if I tackle these I can move on to something greater. After all, most personal and professional goals take planning, good habits, and money. After this year, the work will be done. I'll know exactly what I have and what I need to get through the next set of goals. 

No comments: