Sunday, October 28, 2007

I've been freaking out all weekend because I need to start working on all of my projects and papers for the end of the semester, but you know what? I've been doing homework for about four hours now and most of the small stuff is done. I shouldn't have made such a fuss abot this morning.

I'm must correct a previous blog entry. I received my Japan Through John Lennon's Eyes book and "Ai" means LOVE, not YES. And I even checked with my Japanese for Dummies book... apparently I didn't remember that's one of the first words I learned when reading that book. Anyway, that book is amazing, and I think I learned more Japanese from that book than I have in the J for D book (of course, I haven't finished reading that one yet). It's such a beautiful book, and you can see just how Lennon was able to learn and comprehend the Japanese language by sketching drawings. He even had the dog speaking German in one of the drawings... it speaks to me on SO many levels!

Guess what? I'm writing a musical!! And you know what, I HATE musicals. I can stand them, most of the time, but it isn't a medium a thoroughly enjoy. But here I am, with a really great idea for a musical, and I can't shake it, so I guess I'm just going to have to write it and see what happens. Plus with nanowrimo coming up, there are just SO many ideas floating in my head I need to get them all down and see what I can do with them.

My biggest influence is the album "Sounds of Silence." Right now, I'm playing it endlessly on my iPod. I can't help it. The songs are amazing. I've heard them since I was 12 or 13, but always on box set compliations. To hear just the album as a single entity is an entirely different experience.... I'm rambling again, aren't I? Well, it's not hard when you're listening to a song called "Roving Gambler."

Okay... I switched it... S&G were tired... I'm back to listening to Metro Station again.

I really want to get Stephen Colbert's book, and I was going to get it with a gift certificate from an email points company... you know the kind, you read about a million emails over two years to get a $25 gift certificate. Well, I finally earned mine, but they never sent me a code and told me that the problem will be worked out in 3-4 WEEKS. Crazy, right? I guess Colbert will just have to wait. I mean, I still have Cooper's book coming in the mail, probably within the next couple days. That should tide me over for about 15 minutes. I cannot be as big of a reader as I am and be poor at the same time. It just doesn't work.

No comments: