Sunday, October 14, 2007

So, I've got this project. It's a manifesto project for my poetry class. And it sounds like fun, until I start working on it and draw a complete blank. I know my theme: Rock. I know all of my materials that need to physically make the books, and I know exactly what they will look like. However, what it will say... I have no clue. I was going to just write straight poetry and let the meaning (or whatever) be extracted by the reader. But... seems to simple. Then, I was just going to write portraits of rock stars... but that didn't seem to be the point of the project. Now I'm stuck. Grrr... I have an image of a guitar in my head, but the words just won't come out. I've been listening to Presley and Dylan (who's not really rock anyway...) to get ideas, but nothing. Everything I think of turns rock into a cheesy religious metaphor and that's not really what I want. I guess I'll go think some more...

No comments: