Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Great Freelancing Advice

I recently read a blog article called Relax and Take a Deep Breath, and boy, do I need to take that advice. Or maybe I take it too often, for all the wrong reasons. When I work, I think that I work very hard. But there are days when I just give up. Work isn't fun anymore and sitting in front of the television seems like a better option. But the best thing that works to relax me after a full day hard at work freelancing is to work on my fiction. If I'm revising, it gets a little frustrating, but when I'm writing, just writing--I can feel that extra burst of energy that need to push through for a little longer.

And this certainly worked tonight. I am working on a tedious project right now, and I just needed a break form it all. Normally I spend the evening surfing for credits (not fun!) but tonight I took a prompt I wrote a couple of years ago and spun it into a delicious web of infidelity and tragedy. I'm going to get there... published author I will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really glad to help you have the break you need.

Oh! I like the title of your blog - very personal and I find it appealing!