Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Always learning

Today has finally been a good day on the front of freelance writing. Not only have I met my daily article goal, but I also worked ahead. If I keep working this hard for the rest of the week, I will have the weekend all to myself. Of course I won’t stop writing – it just means that I will finally be able to work on stories, poems, and some other article topics I find especially enjoyable to write.

Unfortunately, I have noticed a significant drop in some opportunities. I’m wondering if this is an end-of-the-month thing. Before I was so engaged in a single job that I didn’t realize how the number of opportunities drops around this time. I’m not dependent on these other jobs, but they do offer an easy way to pad the check – and they pay quicker than the 60 days I have to wait for my main job!

I also have plans to improve the blog in my free time this weekend. I still have a page rank of 0, and I’m slowly building backlinks. Very slowly. I didn’t know really how important they were until now. It’s crazy how something as simple as that can give you a pass or fail on writing opportunities. I’m in a good mood at the moment, so I’m determined to strive for improvement on both the writing and marketing fronts. I never thought of myself as an internet marketer until I realized that I have to sell my skills to get better jobs. Finally, I’m learning!

1 comment:

Roseli A. Bakar said...

Don't worry so much about the pagerank, it's the traffic that is more important...