Monday, May 24, 2010

Disappointing

The weekend wasn't much for getting excited about. The yard sales were very disappointing. I wouldn't say people lied in the paper about what they had, but they worked with the imagination of budding writers -- all of them. I did pick up some more glassware, but without a definite home to go to, those are quickly taking up room I don't have.

It was also a little disappointing to go past all of the houses for rent this weekend. If the house looked nice, the neighborhood was less than appealing. And if the neighborhood was great, the house was a chopped up Victorian that probably looked just as bad on the inside as the outside. I really want to rent an old Victorian, but all of that type of house in this town have been turned into 4-6 apartments. It's a shame, really.

So this week I'm bound to make it a good week. There's no reason I can't turn a positive attitude into positive results. I woke up this morning, raring to go, and there's no work. Usually this is a temporary situation, but it kinda put another bummer on the week. Oh well. It gave me time to enjoy some fresh blueberries for breakfast and get some personal writing done. Maybe I will get my poetry book, Personas, done by the end of the year!

And make sure to come back on Wednesday when I begin my five part series on branding for writers!

No comments: