Monday, May 02, 2011

A New Best Friend

Though it may seem silly, I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and picked up a new best friend: my brand new 3 hole punch.



It's really come in handy lately with all of the comic script pages I have been writing. I don't know how anyone else revises, but for me the task is daunting and a little old fashioned. I print a lot and use binders to hold everything in.

I cannot completely edit and revise on the computer screen. While it may be environmentally friendly to do so, there's nothing like editing a page you can hold in your hand. My editing/revising process goes something like this:

Type (or hand write) first draft
Print for 1st revision
Revise computer file
Print for 2nd revision (if necessary--and good writers will know it's probably necessary!)
Revise computer file


And then if it needs additional revisions, I do the same steps. So... all my writing friends out there... what's your revision process like?

No comments: