Sunday, May 29, 2011

Oh So Close

I was finally able to start drawing my comics on Friday after getting all the art supplies I needed. I knew that teaching myself to draw comics would be an uphill battle, but it's been surprisingly fun. I think they all look awesome right after I finish. When I go back later though, I see where all the little details are wrong, missing, or backwards. I have completed three so far with three that need redrawing. But I'm doing it. I'm getting the project done. I don't want it to take years (drawing only one page a day probably will take that long) but if it has to, then so be it. I'm sticking with this one!

All of this confidence and bravery I seem to be exuding lately has been a mystery to me. I don't know where it came from and I don't know how long it will last, but I'm going to hold onto every last ounce of it that I can. And listening to Lady Gaga's new album while I write and draw doesn't hurt either. It feels like a daily pep talk of sorts.

Whenever I get a comic ready that I think is worthy of public viewing, I'll post it on College Chronicles and also let you guys know about it here.

No comments: