Saturday, January 28, 2012

Offline

I have been absent from the online world for about a week now. I was sick for awhile, but I'm getting better. I also had plenty of time to think about putting my project up for a fundraising goal, and I just don't think that the project is quite ready yet. I wish it was. I definitely need to get a little farther along to justify the fundraising. I want to be able to send out final copies of the book to the donors as perks within a few weeks of the campaign ending, and right now that wouldn't be possible.

So I'm back to square one. I'm still searching for more permanent (or any at this point) work while trying to get some type of project closer to completion. I think I may veer back to my poetry book. The last time I worked steady on it, it was about 60% complete. Most of the work left on that project comes in the form of book layout, cover design... all the non-writing issues. And of course the promotion of the thing. That's what makes it sell. I need to learn how to be a great salesperson... of course if I was really great at that, I would probably be in a different career field altogether. : )

No comments: