Monday, April 30, 2012

Sense of Accomplishment

Well, after participating for a few years, I finally did it--I won Script Frenzy! Makes me feel accomplished, although I know that the script is merely half the work. There's much more to do, and I'll be sure to worry about that tomorrow, but today I enjoy the feeling.

Since it's the last day of April, here is the last Poem of the Day: Rain

I hope that everyone enjoyed the poetry celebration as much as I did! Of course, poetry is not escaping from my daily work. I am still preparing my poetry manuscript. I'm also putting together two different submissions for chapbook contests. Those deadlines are approaching fast, so I've been sorting through all the poems I've written, looking for hidden gems tucked in the back of old notebooks and written on the back of receipts. Found a few rough ones, but nothing a little poetic polishing can't clear up.

1 comment:

Avery Smithkin said...

Congratulations on winning Script Frenzy!

I even put it on my blog...

http://www.lifeinaswamp.com/2012/04/and-thats-wrap.html