Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Rules of Freelancing #4: Step Out of the Office and Into Real Life

Working form home is great, especially if you have a family to take care of. Freelancing allows you to move your schedule around so that you can do what you want or need to do and still get your work done. However, as with any type of work, letting your freelancing career consume all your time doesn't allow you to experience all the fun of life, which is where you will pick up great inspiration for your writing, art or whatever your creative endeavors may be.




Image courtesy of nuttakit / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


This one is very difficult for me. I do have plenty of time during the day where I'm not tied to my computer, but getting out simply doesn't seem worthwhile. Once I'm out of the house, many times I cannot think of a place to go. Shopping? Nah, I spend too much money. Friends? They've all got those “real jobs” or three rug rats to run after. Events that are completely free and will provide tons of culture? Great! But I still never end up there because of one lame excuse or another.

Although it's tough, I am working hard to correct this one. I am trying as much as I can push myself out of my comfort zone and back into real life.

No comments: