Monday, February 23, 2015

Let's Write the Winter Blues Away

The sun was out today, but it's like eight degrees outside and we're all still surrounded by snow. I want out. Not just out of the Midwest, but out of winter. I'm done with it. I will gladly trade in my snow boots for spring dresses and my winter hat for... well, anything else not winter related. 

Enough complaining though. Compared to the Big Picture, I'm still immensely grateful for everything else. Even on the days I feel totally lost, I can still spend my day writing. The one-year anniversary (I'm deeming it a publish-aversary from now on) for Unfolding Life is coming up and I've been working on a series of posts about that for next month. I seriously can't believe it's getting close to being a year since I first embarked on that journey. Crazy, crazy times.

Even with all this work I managed to get that grant application in on time. I've got my fingers crossed until the recipient is announced in April. And there's no slowing down either--a lot of literary journals have their submission periods closing this week, so I'm getting everything organized to send out tonight and tomorrow. I don't care how much I tell myself at the end of the every night that all this unpaid and unappreciated work isn't worth it. I still wake up each morning believing that it is, and that's all that counts.

What are you working on this week?

No comments: