Monday, August 10, 2015

It's Starting to Fall into Place

I've struck gold! Okay, not really. What I have discovered are resources for people who write scripts and don't either a) currently live in Los Angeles (though I'm totally not opposed to moving there) or b) have industry connections. So I've been putting effort into using these to network and figure out what I have to do to sell a script.

I joined Stage 32 which is a social media network for industry novices and professionals. I created a profile on ShowBizCentral, though I think that will be beneficial only once I have some writing credits to my name. I've also signed up at InkTip, but I don't think I'm ready to pay for people to look at my work. Thought I was lucky when they said you can post short script loglines for free, however I would have to pay anywhere from $20-$55 each to get the scripts registered first as per the terms of the site. I guess I'll just have to save up a few bucks for that.

Things are finally starting to fall into place. I'm still not where I need to be, but I have resources for my scriptwriting endeavors, two novels in the middle of editing, and a brain that just won't stop generating new ideas. I'm pretty lucky right now. The only two things that would make it better is a steady paycheck and a new address, but that should come in time.

No comments: