Monday, October 19, 2015

The First Listen: Harry Connick Jr. THAT WOULD BE ME #thatwouldbeme #O2O

On October 23, Harry Connick Jr. will be releasing his new album, That Would Be Me. I was lucky enough to get an early listen. Here are some of my thoughts on the album.

This album starts out with a surprising, upbeat tune "Smile." It's surprising because I'm used to listening to Connick's slower, soulful tunes. Although this track seems different from what I've heard before from this artist, it was really good. It seems like a fun track that can be danced to and something that can lift any mood.



After the first track, the songs settle into that slower soul that you've come to expect from this artist. The songs are great easy listening when you want to relax and enjoy good music with a combination of R&B, a little jazz and engaging lyrics.



My favorite track of the album is "Songwriter" because it is a great unrequited love song. It is a little more upbeat like the first track, but the lyrics are still what you would expect from this artist. 

Overall, this album is what fans would expect from Harry Connick Jr.--simply great music. But this album definitely has the potential of reaching many more who have yet to become fans with it's easy listening.



If you want to check out That Would Be Me, it will be released October 23. You can get it from iTunes or Amazon.

I participated in the That Would Be Me album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.

No comments: