Monday, March 07, 2016

Marching On

The internet is full of advice--and let's be honest, most of it is useless. But if you were only going to take one piece of advice from this vast digital wasteland, I hope it will be this: if you ever find yourself in a situation where you are saying, "I don't want to jinx it, but..." I beg of you, do NOT finish that sentence. Because this is the sentence I started last Thursday, and it ended with "I haven't been sick in the past four years." So of course the next day I developed a raging cold. Just goes to show you that the universe really is listening--and has a sick sense of humor.

This put a dent in all of my writing progress for sure, but I'm not out yet. I'm still juggling the delicate balance of writing, editing and revising all of the projects I have in motion. The immediate goal is to update In Another Life with a few more chapters this week, and then keep chugging away another manuscript behind the scenes. It seems boring (and sometimes it can be), but it's what all this could lead to that still makes it all worth it. Fingers crossed.

No comments: