Friday, July 06, 2018

Holiday Work Magnet

It never seems to fail -- as soon as I sit back and relax with, I don't know, a hot dog or whatever holiday-related goodies I have on hand, it happens. I get that ding on my phone telling me I have work to do. For the past year, I rarely get work on certain platforms (Fiverr, Guru, etc.) unless it is a holiday. You read that right. I seem to get loads of work almost exclusively on official U.S. holidays. If everyone else gets the day off, I'm at my computer typing away. I'm wondering if this happens to all freelancers, or is it just me?


I know that the biggest reason this happens is because I have many international clients. Don't think I'm complaining -- I love the fact that these clients trust me with this work, and if you have ever worked with Fiverr, you know that the world domination map on where you've sold a gig is kind of cool (I'm at 5% world domination so far). And there wasn't a big holiday in June, so I was waiting for an influx of work to come my way. I just find it curious that even for those who are outside this country, why would they choose to hire me on the day where it's likely, if I was a normal person with a normal job, I wouldn't be available? Am I just that awesome, or am I just really bad at hiding the fact that even if I did have the day off I wouldn't be doing anything different anyway? A riddle I must unravel...

1 comment:

K R Smith said...

Unless someone can prove otherwise, just assume that you really are that awesome. I don't see how that could hurt anything!