Thursday, July 26, 2018

News and Notes from the Writing Desk

News and Notes will be a new feature of this blog, mostly because coming up with titles for every small update is getting tiring. I'll save the clever ones for future use. So here are some of the quick updates before July comes to a close:


BookBub

I've claimed my BookBub author profile. I've read in a lot of places that this is a great thing to do, whether you purchase a BookBub feature or not. I still haven't been able to get in because of the minimum review requirements, but from what I'm reading, if you have a deal going on, your followers will be notified of it by BookBub. Of course this only works if there are people following your author page, so...

And if you see a commonality between the three favorite books on my profile, it's mostly because I didn't know I could only have three, so those may change (though all three are great biographies).

When Inspiration Strikes!

There's no telling where a writer will find their inspiration. When it comes to me and where I found it this week, it was an interesting place. I happened to catch a tweet about pre-made book covers. I clicked out of curiosity, because sometimes these things look terrible or are priced above my pay grade. Turns out, these pre-made covers weren't bad at all, and one caught my eye. Immediately a title came into my head and stuck. I thought about it for awhile, and it would make the perfect title for a YA novel. I have part of the outline still working itself out in my head.

The real question is--did I buy the book cover? Well, no. I didn't. I don't have the first sentence of the story written yet. I may still go and purchase this cover, just so I have it on hand when I get this project up and going. 

Camp NaNoWriMo is a No Go

Camp NaNo is not my friend right now. I thought changing to page numbers instead of word count would help, but I always lose momentum. I still have some time, but I know I won't come close. However, I will still post an excerpt of what I've been working on so if you want to check that out tomorrow, make sure to check out my Patreon page--just $1 gets you tons of exclusive content. Even if you aren't ready to pay for access yet, you may still want to follow my Patreon page since many posts are free or only exclusive for a short time, then made public. I'm trying to reach my first milestone goal of $100 a month, and so I'm ramping up the types of things I'm posting.

That's what I've been doing. What have you been doing this week? 

No comments: