Thursday, September 06, 2018

The Busy Buzz

It's been a busy week, as most holiday weeks have become for me. But I know that I'll be craving all of this busy buzz when the mid-November slump comes along. I'm happy that I still have so much to do this late in the year.



A few more rejection slips have come in, but they seem to be the ones that are more promising: either the rejection compliments the quality of the writing or anticipates future submissions. Realistically it can still be the standard form letter rejections from these publications. But I've gotten many, many rejections before. Compliments and urging future submissions are not always included. I just have to keep working to find the best publication for each piece. That may not be easy for my short story. I think it's giving off one vibe, but my intention was something else entirely.

The poetry project is still chugging away. The funny thing about it is that I've noticed the quality change just from the time that I started with the first piece to the ones that I've written in the past couple of days. The first piece was going to be previewed on Patreon tomorrow, but I now hate that first piece and need to give it a total rewrite. I will still post an excerpt from the collection, but it won't be the title poem. Make sure to sign up for my Patreon page so you can get the first look at it!

No comments: