Thursday, December 13, 2018

The Good, The Bad and the Undetermined

After a lovely acceptance letter last week, I got another rejection. Not a big deal, but this is the one that I've been talking about because I really do think I can make it into this specific poetry publication, but the third time was certainly not a charm. I know I'm flipping the process upside down since normal writers write something, then look for a publication that fits the style of what they've already written. This is what I do with 99.9% of my work. It's just that this publication for some reason is very enticing, and I want to get in it. So I've been tailoring work towards the style of the publication. Both tactics have not worked. So, I'm giving that one a break and focusing on hundreds of other publications out there for a little while.



In freelancing news, I'm reluctantly back on Fiverr. The only gig I have available at the moment is the blog spotlight gig. The others are still in the process of being revamped so that I can ensure a higher percentage of clients who have a clear understanding of the parameters of the gig. I know I'm going to run into another jerk who doesn't read the description, but I'm not going to let issues arise due to something on my end. But the good news is that Fiverr sent out an email today saying that sellers no longer have to endure an additional Paypal fee on top of the company's 20% cut. That'll save me about $0.22 per gig, which does add up.


I'm also thinking ahead to January and what my major goals will be for the coming year. Mostly I would like to build my audience (who wouldn't?) and build it primarily on Patreon. I still haven't figured out the secret to that success, but that's not stopping me from trying. So I'm going to get back to that stack of poetry ready for revision which is the fun part of this whole wild ride.

No comments: