Friday, January 29, 2021

Review: Create a Poem: Writing Prompts for Poets

Create a Poem: Writing Prompts for Poets Create a Poem: Writing Prompts for Poets by Editors of Chartwell Books
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Every writer occasionally needs inspiration. With Create a Poem, you get just that--a notebook full of prompts that you can use to write your next great poetic masterpiece. 

Although I thoroughly read the description of this title before I started reading it, I did think it would go beyond lined pages with a simple prompt at the top of each page. However, that said, it is a useful tool when you are dealing with a little bit of writer's block. My advice to poets and aspiring poets utilizing this prompt book is to ignore the list of words at the bottom that it says to include in your writing. These words are at best cliché given the topic and at worst completely unrelated (though you could use that to write a poem in spite of the suggested words). I think it would work well for some writers, but not for everyone. 

*Book provided by NetGalley

View all my reviews

No comments: