Thursday, January 07, 2021

The First Seven Days

 My plan for 2021 was to move my weekly blog posts to Tuesday--it would work out better for many reasons, including the ability to get those posts out more consistently. But without a planner to write my little to-do lists, I was in a bit of a mess on the first week of the year. That's changed, because my bullet journal/planner/whatever you want to call it arrived on Tuesday. That doesn't mean my world is suddenly organized, and I know that I have to rush through January without great thought to design, but so far it's getting the job done. And I can't begin to tell you how much I love having an excuse to use Micron pens again. 


So I thought I could easily push out a blog post for the beginning of year yesterday, but then yesterday happened. On my best day it's hard to pull myself away from breaking news, so I usually just settle in and try to absorb what's going on. Needless to say, yesterday's productivity was near zero. 

Now I'd love to tell you what grand plans I have for 2021, but getting a bullet journal planner started was my main focus in the last week of 2020. Beyond that, I'm not sure where to go next. I have released the first article in my series A Taste of Money with a follow-up coming tomorrow. I plan to publish 1-2 articles a week for that one, but what I really need to get out is the publication guidelines so that others can have their chance at publishing work in Frugal and Freelancing

I'm still looking into other Medium publications to get my work out there, as well as those good ol' literary journals. I need to make a list and pay more attention to submission dates because I tend to miss some good opportunities when submission windows close before I get the submission sent. And all of my longer projects? Those are all still waiting in the wings for when I get inspired again. And since its January, you know I'm already planning for a project to do for National Poetry Month in April. All this leaves me now with plenty to do, and I better get to it. 

No comments: