Thursday, October 31, 2019

Next Up: NaNo 2019

NaNoWriMo 2019 is nearly here! I'm as prepared as I'm going to be with half an outline and no character names. I guess I still have today to prep those, because there are six main characters. I need names.



Every year I want to win. This year I'm GOING to win. It's not to have the feeling of accomplishment or to be able to brag that I did it. I know I'm going to win because I have a good idea, I have the will to get it done this month, and this is a huge test for me to not let distractions get in my way. Too easily I bend to distractions and because my line of work is always evolving, I have to be able to evolve with it. Also, I need something to transition into the revision phase because every other project, no matter what phase it is in right now, is just not speaking to me. I know putting the work in would help me get past that on any other project, but I need something fresh right now to get back into the groove.

So what can you expect when you are following me on my NaNo journey? Every year I try to find new and exciting ways to share the process and some of the project without giving it all away. The idea I came up with this year is to post the first line and the last line of what I write each day. Not only does it give a glimpse into where the story is heading, but it will keep me accountable throughout the process. I'm going to post these on Patreon but I'm going to make these posts public so anyone can see them. Of course, if you like those posts, there are many more that you can catch up on for just $1 a month (hint, hint).

It's time to get ready for this next great adventure. Oh, and Happy Halloween!

No comments: