Sunday, June 24, 2007

Guess what? I'm REALLY into Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. Bet you didn't think i was going to blog about that, now did you? I don't know. I haven't seen it since its original run in the early 90s. Then, I was eight or nine and I was just fascinated by Superman... and the romantic spark between him and Lois, of course.



Watching it the second time through, however (through courtesy of Debbie's DVD set), I'm noticing more and more cheese. The special effects, though I never need them in a good story, are just not up to par. And the lines about Clark being "Super" or the like is just silly (I must mention the Sonny Bono appearance was the all-time cheese low of the season one set... and I'm not even done watching it yet!). But what bothers me most is that glasses on or glasses off, the whole city of Metropolis must be... "special" to put it nicely. Clark is Superman. It's not hard to tell, folks. But then again, maybe that was the intrigue for me in my wonder years. I wanted to know if and when Lois was finally going to see that they were one and the same. I don't know what it is that's bringing me back to it either. The romantic chemistry is fascinating. But other than that, everything makes me laugh. But I still enjoy the experience of watching it. I guess you can tell it's a boring summer.

No comments: