Wednesday, June 20, 2007

No one can make me feel bad about my lack of a driver's license. Today, I watched a rerun of Ellen from November, I think. DJ Jonny was featured in a little clip that showed him taking his driving test and receiving his driving permit. At the time, he was 28 years old.

Now my situation doesn't seem so bad. I'm 23 and when I was seventeen, I got my permit. It's of course expired now, and i have no desire to renew it. Even John Lennon didn't get his license until he was 24. And he hardly drove before or after that. So why pick on me?

No one believes me that I'm doing this for the environment. I mean, just one less car on the road is helping. And I have a bike. I can get around most days.

I don't know why I feel so compelled to write about this today, but I'm tired of not having a car or not knowing how to drive just as much as I'm tired of people trying to push me to get it done and over with. Chill out, people. It's on my list of the 100 things I want to do in my life. I'll get to it.

No comments: