Thursday, April 24, 2008

I just finished another classic public domain freebie--Rock Rock Rock with Alan Freed. For a movie that's sole purpose is to feature rock 'n' roll acts, it worked well. For story--not so much. Dori, a blonde teen that weighs about 80 pounds needs money for a dress for the prom. I won't go into the whole thing, but let's just say she's not good at math-- or listening.

I think the best part about the movie was the thirteen year old Frankie Lymon with his Teenagers backing him up on a number called "I'm Not A Juvenile Delinquent." When he sang those words with that devious sparkle in his eye, you knew what he was really thinking. And my god--he's only thirteen! Dirty, dirty. Anyway, it was fun to watch and I just might burn it on a DVD... if I ever get around to buying those.

No comments: