Saturday, April 19, 2008

I just finished watching Meet John Doe about an hour ago. Now, the only time I had ever heard about this movie was when I took a film history class and we were looking at films within their historical contexts. The class was interesting, but I had to get out of it before I failed.

Anyhoo, seeing the whole movie instead of just a ten minute clip put everything in a better perspective. And Gary Cooper is a great leading man. I might have to check out more of his films sometime. The only reason I got my hands on this one is because I get public domain movies on one of my podcasts. I wasn't familiar with Barbara Stanwyck, other than the name, but she didn't do a half bad job either.

Oh, and for anyone who wants to start watching movies on their iPod, a two hour movie drains the battery... completely!

No comments: