Tuesday, May 06, 2008

My Weekend (and Monday) Movie Review:

JUNO

Well, this is just about the best movie I have seen in awhile. I got a free copy because my mom and dad bought it and didn't like it. I did, although I can definitely see why they didn't. The first fifteen minutes is chocked full of teen one-liners that are almost forced upon you to become the newest catch phrase. But at least (unlike Napoleon Dynamite) there was more to this movie than just quippy dialogue. I love Michael Cera and Ellen Page. The chemistry was there. It was a very believable story. And the song at the end was really the best part.

I AM LEGEND


BORING!!! I cannot believe I sat through that. There were some cute parts with the dog, but Will Smith talking to himself for almost two hours wasn't worth it.

SYRIANA


Okay, I'm going to need someone to explain this movie to me. I didn't have a clue how all the stories connected together or what the the main purpose for even telling those stories. I sat through it, hoping the big payoff would come, but it never did. And George Clooney looked like a dirty old man in the movie.

No comments: