Sunday, August 31, 2008

I Love TCM!!

I think I'm officially obsessed with this channel. I spent all day watching it yesterday, skipping my traditional 2 hours of I Love Lucy. Take that, TVLand. Anywhoo... yesterday it was a Katherine Hepburn marathon. And although I get really sick of her Shakespearean airs (even in the comedies!) I can tell you that I loved watching Stage Door, Bringing Up Baby, and The Philadelphia Story. And although Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? was not a movie played, that's another Hepburn classic I really like.

But through watching TCM a lot these last few weekends, I have discovered that I really like Ginger Rogers too... not for the dancing, but for the acting, which is something that does always bring her legend the praise that it deserves. I mean, she was great in Stage Door, but she danced less than a minute throughout the whole movie.

I don't know why I'm rambling on and on about classic movies when I have work to do... I guess it's dinner, Nightly News, then back to all those articles. Maybe I can get enough done tonight so that I can sleep in tomorrow.

No comments: