Friday, May 01, 2009

An essay I thought I would share

I was going through some of my files on my flash drive and discovered some essays I wrote for a creative non-fiction class a couple of years ago. I really don't know what else to do with them, so I thought I would just go ahead and share them with everyone.

The first one I have to share is called "The House I Grew Up In" which was labeled as a descriptive short in my files. It's a basic description of the house I lived in when I was a child... I think the age we were supposed to pick was 5 or 6 years old. I really got into this assignment, but was kind of dismayed when my professor gave it back to me with written comments on it. I can't remember her exact words, but she told me that the way I described the house and yard was so bleak that I must have had an unhappy childhood. I totally didn't, and I don't see that at all in my writing. I see an old, lived-in house. That's all. Anyway... I liked it, so I'm letting you all read it too.

I'll be putting more of these up over the next few days, once I find all of them.

Have a happy Friday!!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Hey, if you put me on your blogroll, I'll put you on mine. http://www.shimmerin-angel.begrudged.org Leave a comment on my blog when you link me.