Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yay and boo for schedules

I think I like working on a schedule better than this willy-nilly freelancing schedule. Once again one of my jobs has requested a scheduled approach to finishing out the month, and I can't complain. This means I know exactly what I will be working on at exactly what time for the next two weeks. This will help me plan for the rest of my writing throughout the day. Now, I know I've been talking about schedules a lot, and I just can't seem to stick to one unless my job puts me on a timetable like this. I think they should do this all the time, otherwise I know I'll never get back to writing short stories and poetry. Well, at least any new ones. I still make plenty of time for revising my backlog of college prose.

This schedule can also help with the packing schedule. I have to move out of my apartment by August 31st, and I'm ahead a little bit on this front. I have about twenty boxes packed up and ready to go. And because all of them fit into my office closet, I don't have to sit an stare at them for three months like I did the last time. The next area I have to work on is the kitchen. I think everyone has a large amount of kitchenware that they don't use on a regular basis, and I'm no different. It will be a relief to get all of that stuff out of the way.

But you what ruins my schedule? Laundry weekend. And that's what this weekend is. I have to waste time doing nothing until its all done because I have no Internet access where I wash my clothes. At least I can get a little break from writing to think up something new. I need to write an article for Associated Content (I try to write 1 a month) and still can't think of a topic to write about. Any suggestions?

No comments: