Tuesday, June 02, 2009

One more related post

I continue to work on genealogy in my spare time, but since it started taken over my life I hid my research. I also hid the tempting website links where I go to do my research. But I did want to share one more little find for historical/genealogical writers out there. Yesterday I found a website called Genwriters. This is exactly what I needed to see. I was feeling really guilty about doing this research because I didn't know what I could do with it once it was all collected. After reading some things at Genwriters, now I finally know what I can do. And once I actually finish my novel in progress, I think this could be the next project to replace it. But that's going to be some time, for both finishing 277 Miles and for getting enough research to start a genealogical writing project.

Other than all of that hoopla, I finally found a schedule I can stick with. It gives me plenty of time for all types of writing, lets me meet my monthly goals, and also provides a little wiggle room for earning extra cash if I need to (and who doesn't?). I'm a slacker when it comes to my own projects though. I never finished my Indianapolis project, so I will have to push back the next city I wanted to write about. The poll winner was Jamestown, NY with two votes. I'm going to have a lot of fun with that one, since it's the hometown of Lucille Ball.

I also have some great ideas for blog posts, but those are still in the planning stages, so I will reveal more later. Get excited.

No comments: