Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Re-prioritizing my priorities

I was informed yesterday that the job I count on for the majority of my monthly income is coming to an abrupt halt at end the of next week. While it is a shocker, I thought the economy would have affected my jobs a lot sooner than this. Now I have to once again go out and get those freelance jobs I've been ignoring because I thought I had a good thing.

But I don't see this as a terrible thing. Because of the pay schedule, I'm completely covered financially until August. And in August I was moving to a significantly cheaper place anyway, so all I have to do now is find a new job to pay for those pesky credit cards. My other current jobs should cover the rest.

Another reason that this could be more of a blessing than a curse is that after I get as much done between now and the end of this job, I will have 4 hours completely free for writing... and that means writing fiction. I've put this all on the back burner too long. Now I have a chance to correct my mistake. Ahh... the joys of positive attitudes.

No comments: