Pages

Friday, October 02, 2009

Discipline is Key

Since my little meltdown last week, I've really been getting down to the heart of why work gets so frustrating at times, and I can't blame everyone else but me. I need to take some responsibility too, and I think my biggest problem is self-discipline. I was reading an article about self-employment today and it spoke to me. I knew that getting in to this type of work would be more difficult than I expected, but there's just so much to get in order each day before work starts. You need to have a set schedule, be able to regulate yourself like a boss would, and spend as much time writing as you do marketing, networking with clients, and finding new work. Of course the article I read was focused on quitting your current job to start an adventure in self-employment. Technically, I decided to put myself through this hell before I had the chance to tell any boss to shove it.

Now that I have had a reality check, I'm getting down to business. I stick to the all-important schedule, constantly look for new clients that need my services, and I'm looking at different advertising spaces where I can put some ads for my business.

No comments: