Monday, December 14, 2009

Who Inspires You?

Lately, the story ideas that are supposed to fuel my career have been non-existent. I thought long and hard about this, and realized that I have not surrounded myself with the people and places that usually inspire me. Friends are the biggest inspiration for me - usually not my family. Since it is the holidays my family is the only thing around me. I'm not complaining, but I'm making a mental note that December is the hardest month for me in terms of work. Most of the time general work is lacking. And since I'm not inspired, I anxiously await January 2nd (usually still recovering on the 1st...).

This is the year I am also looking into to taking more trips, whether it's to the streets of downtown or out to the east coast. I've been planning a weekend trip to Chicago with a friend for years now, but he and I still have to find the right time when both of us can escape from work and have the money to do so. Taking trips will also give me an excuse to work with my Nikon and also try some lomography, if at all possible. I'll be working like a maniac on articles, editing and other work until then, but it should be well worth it.

No comments: