Friday, January 08, 2010

Back into Photos

Around holidays and birthdays, I'm typically the designated photographer of the family. This is for a few reasons. First, I'm the only one with a 35mm SLR. Second, I have taken a couple of photography classes in the past. I like doing it, but there's still a lot for me to learn because I want to play a little more with my manual camera settings. The biggest failure I find when I do this is finding quality light for my photographs. I do not want to be limited to outside photography. I have read the camera manual upside down and every which way. I even have a cheat sheet for my aperture and shutter speed settings. But what I'm amazing with is those photographers that can adjust these at a split second to capture the image. If it were me, I would either get a shot with bad lighting or still be fumbling with the settings and completely miss the best opportunity for the shot. Oh well. I guess the best thing for me is practice since I really want to incorporate photography into my writing/editing/life business. I figure at the very least I could get some gigs taking pictures for brochures, real estate listings, or just to compliment my poetry.

No comments: