Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Time Again

It's time for me to think about moving. I know that I practically move every year, but when the opportunity arises to finally move out of my family's house, I'll take it. I think that I will be able to afford the next move within a year from now. I was hoping for it to be sooner, but I think a year is plenty of time to get together all of the assets that I need as well as some sort of a plan in case work drops dramatically, as it does for me at least three times each year.

Although New York City is my dream, I'm old enough to realize when a dream is just not possible. I could rent a room for $600, but who wants to be cramped into a 10x12 space? I have too much stuff for that. So I have been checking out places in Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. I even contacted a Property Manager in Cincinnati so I could get an idea of the average cost to live there. Not sure if that's the city for me, but I'm sure I'll be able to adapt anywhere I end up when I move.

No comments: