Monday, January 04, 2010

Original Logos to Sell Your Brand

Although I'm a writer, I have quickly realized that my name, articles and expertise represent my brand. I have been toying with the idea of getting a professionally designed logo like this Realtor Logo. I'm still not sure what type of a logo I want. I could do something playful with my name or come up with some type of symbol to represent my brand. I know that I have a great artist friend who would be delighted to help me out (I hope I'm not assuming here!) – if I come up with at least a basic concept first.

Even though I'm still clueless about the type of logo that I want for my freelance writing business, I love doing the research! There are so many talented artists out there that create amazing logos. And since many of them are also freelancing, I feel right at home and appreciate the hard work they put into their portfolios.

My other concern about choosing a logo is that I want to it to be versatile for any type of business I may get into in the future. Who knows... I could end up as a genealogist or eBay Power Seller in the next five years. You never know what's going to happen until you are living in the moment. Planning for the future only gets you so far.

No comments: