Monday, June 28, 2010

It Never Ends, Does It?

I make it my life's mission to avoid any type of drama in my life. At most, I'm just the messenger, but I'm unwillingly a major part of something right now and I don't like it. I'm not allowed to see a friend because his girlfriend is threatened. What? I thought we were all grownups here. That's all I have to say, but it's pretty sad that I had to lose one of my last true friends because of this. Great fodder for a storyline, worst thing ever for my social life.

So instead of dwelling on being friendless, I helped refinish my end tables this weekend. They are pretty nice, except they may need another coat. Still haven't finished the chair yet, but it's sanded and ready to go once I get around to buying stain. When all three are done, I'll post the after picture. You can see the before pic HERE.

And of course writing has taken a backseat to all of this. I haven't been writing articles on my own, though I have written a bit more for work. They are short, sweet and just enough money to make up any differences when the other part of work is slow. And work is... slow. I did manage to just finish a haiku poem over at Associated Content if you want to take a look at that: Truth in Color. Check it out and let me know what you think! I haven't written a haiku since elementary school.

For now, that's all I've got. Wednesday I will be back with tips for writing a great article title. See you then!

1 comment:

Patricia Rockwell said...

You're not friendless. You have entire entourage of blogging buddies!