Thursday, September 02, 2010

New Mindset

I have to tell you, after reading a couple of children's/YA books this week, I'm really in the mood to starting writing for kids again. I started doing it first when I was eleven and thought that all books were written like that. Then, I took a class in college about writing for young readers. Without giving it all away, my final project for that class was about an angsty teen, fortune cookies, and a dysfunctional family. I'm thinking about digging that unfinished manuscript out of my archives. However, I think I will need to dive into a couple more YA books just to get a better feel for how my story should end... that's always the hardest part with kids. What resolution will satisfy them? I'll go and ponder for awhile. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.