Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Adding to My Own Portfolio

Contributed by Milford Woods

My work as a graphic designer has been the most fulfilling aspect of my life for many years. I get true joy out of working with unknowledgeable clients and showing them the light, so to speak, and I couldn’t ask for a better profession. I spend my days pouring over illustrations and graphic design programs like Adobe and Illustrator and lately I’ve added a whole new facet to my business: website developer. I’ve taught myself some basic code and am now able to build a website from the ground up. I do everything from researching domains on sites like domainnames.com to the graphic design for the page itself, and it’s been really beneficial to my business to have such a portfolio of offerings. My clients really like being able to call on one person to make all the changes to their site rather than having to deal with multiple people or even an agency. I’m making really good money and love learning about this new field, which is something I should have done ten years ago!

No comments: