Monday, March 07, 2011

Slight Change of Plans

Well, the taxes blew my plans out of the water. Truthfully, I should have been more prepared, but a lesson learned in the process. Because of this, I had to move my DC/NYC adventure to May and cut out DC all together. The cherry trees bloom every single year so I'm sure that I will catch it someday--just not this year.

But a vacation in general is still top on my to-do list for this year. A change of scenery is definitely needed and maybe even necessary to get me out of this mood that seemed to last the last 20 years or so. Even with this mood I have been able to get right back into my writing. I've put aside the novel because I felt like I was running it into the ground. Instead I'm focusing on a 10 part poem and some old shorts that need significant revisions. It's easier at this point to change the original idea rather than come up with new ones.

This month is all about plans--April is the scariest time this year. That's going to be the month of execution. And if you know me at all, execution of my plans is usually where the timid little mouse comes out. I need to be a roaring lion to get this all done. And I'm working on it.

No comments: