Monday, August 08, 2011

Crazy or Confused?

Been thinking a lot about my plans for the future... mostly instead of doing my work. But there are a lot of choices that I'm reconsidering. I'm reconsidering the purchase of a car if I can get my dream ride (1969 camaro). I may change my mind on where I want to move to next year--there's got to be a less expensive city out there somewhere. Unfortunately many lists that I've consulted list Indianapolis as an affordable city... yeah, been there, done that.

I still have plenty of time to make these decisions, but it does feel like the pressure is starting to build. The pressure is self-inflicted, but this time the pieces of the puzzle have to be put together sooner rather than later. I don't want to have happen what has happened in the past: I panic and choose the closest thing to me, which has proven time and time again that it's not the best thing for me.

As far as the writing goes, my journal is filling up fast with my rants and ramblings about these decisions. I've also written out ten or more ideas on various scraps of paper. Thinking about new places, new choices and new ideas gives me so much more than just something to look forward to. It also helps me discover the things I want to write about next. So I guess a little stress isn't all that bad...

No comments: