Friday, March 02, 2012

Changing My (Non)/Writing Habits

I took a look at my work habits this week. Turns out I started spending a lot more time trying to find ways to get hits on my articles rather than just continuing to produce quality work. That's not good. I've read all of the advice and tried to follow most of it, but promotion is not my strongest quality. Although somehow I did manage to get my page rank of this blog up to 2, which is amazing considering I have had it since 2003 and this is the first time it crept up above 0.


Free PageRank Checker


But I also have to give myself a little credit this week. I managed to create a few more good work habits. I am able to stick to a schedule now, even when those little unexpected things creep up.I am meeting my daily published articles goals, work article goals and I'm still chugging away at the bids for bigger projects. I thought the hardest part would be the 500 words a day, but:

500 Words update: Technically I met my goals yesterday and today, although I wrote 500 words before midnight and 500 words after. This is another habit that doesn't need to continue. I would rather schedule my writing time first thing in the morning instead of up late. The writing gets a little crazy when I get tired.

No comments: