Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Freelancer, Not Freeloader

I haven't been able to get much work completed this week. Lots of non-essential errands and side trips have plagued my days. I know that great big flashy projects are not on the immediate horizon, but I just want to scream every time someone tells me something like this: "Well, you work from home--you have time to do (whatever it is they want me to do)" or "You don't need to work right now. You can stay up until four in the morning if you want to."

While those statements may hold truth at times, I don't have time to always drop what I'm doing. Usually I try to stick to something that resembles a normal 9-5 schedule. Yes, I may take an hour off to watch The View and yes, maybe I am a bit of a slacker in the mornings when I'm on the internet, but I do work. I need to make that clear and stand up a little bit more for myself. My time is important to my work. A large amount of distractions are no longer welcome. The less distractions I have, the better chance I'll get something published... or at least let me believe that... I need a little delusion to keep myself on the right track. : )

No comments: