Monday, March 19, 2012

Native New Yorker

Guest post written by my buddy Aldo Mays

A little known secret to some of us native New Yorkers is that we live in one of the few states where you can select your energy providers based on whichever company has the lowest rates. It’s such a great way to save money without having to exert much effort. I’m on the co-op committee in my building, and it’s always one of the first things I mention to our new tenants. I’m not sure how more people don’t know about this option; New Yorkis obviously an expensive place to live, so you’d think more people would be concerned with ways to save money. In any event, I always advise newcomers to check out Just Energy in New York to see if they could be saving money, and a lot of the time they are surprised how much less they could be paying. I have definitely put the money I’ve saved to good use—I just used a huge chunk of it to take a pretty amazing cruise, as a matter of fact. Because while I love living in New York, there are some times you just need to get away from the insanity of it.

No comments: