Monday, July 23, 2012

Neurotically Scheduling Again

Well, it's that time--I'm moving (again). Technically, my parents are moving and dragging me along with them since I'm still not at a place where I can go exactly where I want to go. I think the total of moves in the past ten years now adds up to 13, when we move in a couple weeks. This time, moving isn't such a big deal. Ninety percent of my belongings are still in boxes from the last move, so it's really only a matter of hauling the computer and my clothes down a few blocks to the new place. That's when the fun really begins. I'm planning on unpacking everything and selling it all to raise money for my own move. At garage sale prices, I know it won't be enough, but it will at least be a start.

The whole chaos of a move means I have to very careful about my schedule and very diligent about getting the things done that I need to get done. I can't let people distract me, especially since this last week was not a good week to be a freelance writer. Articles were slim to nil, and so far today the trend is staying that way. I'm keeping busy with a number of job proposals and other non-paying work, but it stills nags at the back of my mind when work disappears like this. You would think I would be used to it by now. I hope it isn't like my Twitter comment yesterday--the harder I work, the more it seems that my goals are moving away from my grasp. You know... the whole carrot/stick image. It's Monday so I'm still working with a positive attitude, but it's going to be a daunting task just to keep that one up throughout the week.

New Articles:
Learning About Nuclear Waste Disposal

2 comments:

Avery Smithkin said...

Seems like you should qualify for some sort of migrant worker benefits...

Hope things go well and work picks up for you soon.

Terri said...

LOL... yeah. I know what you mean. :)