Monday, July 30, 2012

To Pack or Not to Pack

Although the daily writing assignments have picked up a bit, the packing is slow-going. It's not that I don't have the motivation for it--if it were up to me, I would be living out of a suitcase and have everything else put away. But, I'm restricted in what I can do since my current place of residence is up for sale. I have to make sure that it looks good, which translates to not having boxes laying around all over the floor. So I've changed my attitude a bit. I'm focusing 110% on work for the next 10 days, then the two days after that will be devoted to whirlwind packing and moving. Hopefully, it all comes together.

It's also an exciting time, because at the end of every month I pick two new publications to submit my work. It's getting close to that time, so I'm dragging out the external hard drive and sifting through work that fits particular publications, or vice versa, depending on the mood I'm in tomorrow. However, my personal opinion is that it's easier to choose a piece for a publication than a publication for a piece. They are a lot more specific in what they look for than I am in what I write.

No comments: