Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Flurry of Activity

This was supposed to be my lay-low week. It hasn't been that at all. I cannot begin to describe how nearly every second of my week (so far) has been filled with new story ideas. So much that I think I went through half a pad of Post-It notes. I also discover a handful of new literary journals to submit to. Now all I have to do is connect the dots from those notes to those journals and BAM--the next additions to the portfolio.

Of course, I don't want to rush anything. I want the ideas to simmer a little while before jumping into the world of brand new characters. That, and I have a friend's birthday this weekend which means I have to keep myself on task so I can go and have a little fun. And maybe find a few new story ideas at the bar. Bars are filled with some of the best kooky sidekick characters. I should know. I tend to be one.

No comments: