Monday, September 24, 2012

My Chair Almost Died

That's right--my favorite desk chair was minutes from the curb with a pathetic 'FREE' sign on it. The chair is supposed to lean back, but this feature often gets stuck. I usually throw the thing around until it loosens up again, but yesterday that tactic just didn't want to work anymore. I was so frustrated, I said "Throw it away!" and stole the bar stool from the kitchen, which made me hover a few inches too high above the desk.

Long story short, the family got it fixed and now I know what to do if this ever happens again... and it's not to beat the chair into the floor anymore. However, the whole experience made me realize how attached I am to all the things I use for work. I mean, half of the letters on my keyboard are rubbed off, but I don't know if I could get used to having a new keyboard. And forget about a new computer. It takes me weeks to get everything set up just the way I like it. Glad I'm content with all this stuff, even though I know I'll eventually have to replace it.



New Articles:
Five Tips to Create Successful Blog Posts for Beginners

No comments: